Beef Tapa is a Filipino dish prepared to be a quick breakfast fare. This dish is originated in a restaurant called Tapsi ni Vivian in Makati City and it is serve with fried egg, also known as tapsilog. In 1980’s Vivian del Rosario, owner of Tapsi ni Vivian Restaurant said to an interview that their family is the first to use the term “tapsilog“.
- 1 kilogram of beef bottom round, sliced thinly
- 5 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoon of fish sauce (patis)
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
- In a bowl, marinate beef, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, ground black pepper and fish sauce.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add the sliced beef and fry each side for 4 minutes or until meat is lightly brown and tender.