Nilagang Baka (Boiled Beef Stew) is a Filipino cuisine inherited from the Spaniards that can be either beef or pork as long as you use the boney part of the meat. This dish is very easy to cook by just trowing everything in the pot and let the meat and vegetables cook.
- 1 kilogram beef shanks, cut into serving
- 2 pieces onion, quartered
- 1 small ginger, sliced
- ½ teaspoon pepper corn
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 pieces potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce (patis)
- In a pot, put the beef and add about 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Let it boil until beef is fork tender.
- Add the onions, ginger and pepper corn. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the cabbage and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the fish sauce. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.