Nilasing na Hipon
Nilasing na Hipon (Drunken Shrimp) is a popular main dish among Filipinos and some usually use prawns instead of shrimp. They call it Nilasing or Drunken because the shrimp is soaked in a gin for 30 minutes. This dish is usually prepare as an appetizer in fiestas, parties and in family gatherings.
- 2 kilograms of large shrimps
- 3 cups of flour
- 2½ cups of gin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of vinegar
- Pepper corn
- ½ teaspoon of chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ onion, minced
- Wash the shrimp twice and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the shrimp, pour the 1 cup of gin and mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the 3 cups of flour and 1½ cups of gin. Mix well.
- In a pot, over a medium heat, add the cooking oil.
- Batch the shrimp into the mixture and fry until pink and crisp.
- Drain oil on paper towels.
- Serve with vinegar dip and enjoy.
Try and enjoy this Nilasing na Hipon (Drunken Shrimp) Recipe. Let me know what you think.