Paksiw na Pata
Paksiw na Pata or Pork Stew in Vinegar is another Filipino dish favorite of mine. This dish is braised pork’s shank in soy sauce, sugar, oregano, dry banana flower/blossom and vinegar. Paksiw na Pata has a sweet and sour taste that makes mouth-watering and truly enjoyed by our guests. I remember my mother prepare this dish every Saturday for lunch and dinner.
- 1 kilogram pork shanks (pata), cut into 2-inch thick
- 3 cups of water
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 laurel leaf
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup dry banana flower/blossom
- Wash pork shanks well and put in a bowl. Add 1 cup of water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the water used to boil. Pour the remaining 2 cups of water and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, oregano, laurel, garlic, salt, pepper and the dry banana flower.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot and enjoy.
Try and enjoy this Paksiw na Pata Recipe. Let me know what you think.