Picadillo is a traditional Spanish dish where in Philippines they call it as ginisang giniling or just giniling, Tagalog for ground meat. This dish is made with ground pork, tomatoes (tomato sauce or paste may be used as a substitute), potatoes and other ingredients that vary by places. In Philippines, it is the Arroz a la Cubana for Cubans and it is often served with white rice.
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 piece onion, minced
- 3 pieces tomatoes, diced
- ½ kilograms ground pork
- 4 cups of water
- 3 pieces potatoes, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the ground pork and stir. Let it cook until meat is tender.
- Pour 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add the potatoes. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Put the salt and pepper, stir thoroughly and let it cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice and enjoy.
Try and enjoy this Picadillo Recipe. Let me know what you think.