Pork Adobo is a Filipino traditional cuisine where pork is cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and bay leaf. This Adobo recipe is the standard version served in homes and in food chains.
- ¾ kilograms Pork Belly, chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon MSG seasoning (vetsin)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, bay leaf, pepper and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (For overnight marinate, cover bowl and put in refrigerator).
- Put over medium heat, bring to boil uncover.
- Add MSG seasoning (vetsin) and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and add water, stir and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt. Mix and let it boiled cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy.