Pork Afritada is a Filipino dish cooked in tomato sauce based with potatoes, pork and spices. This Filipino stew is great serve with white rice.
- 1 kilograms pork belly, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red and green bell pepper, diced
- 9 oz tomato sauce or 1 small pouch
- 1 cup of pork broth, alternative: Knorr pork cubes diluted to 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pieces potatoes, cubed
- 1½ tablespoon of fish sauce (patis)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the pork, mix and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the fish sauce, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork broth or the pork cubes mixture. Bring to boil.
- Pour the tomato sauce. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar then put the potatoes and bell pepper, mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Try and enjoy this Pork Afritada Recipe. Let me know what you think.