Pork Asado is a dish made out of pork, soy sauce, and star anise. It’s originally a barbecued pork in Cantonese cuisine. This dish is a sweet stew usually accompanied by carrots or potatoes and other vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¾ kilogram pork, boneless and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 table spoon soy sauce
- 1 cup of beef broth (1 beef cubes melted in 1 cup of water)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces star anise
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoon of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine pork, soy sauce, beef broth and star anise.
- Heat oil, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the combined recipes from No. 1, stir well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, stir until dissolve.
- Pour the combined cornstarch and water into the pot.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir continuously or until sauce thicken.
- Serve hot and Enjoy.