Try our Adobong Pusit Recipe (Squid Adobo) and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Adobong Pusit Recipe (Squid Adobo)
- 1 kg squid
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- pinch of salt
- 1 head garlic roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 3 pcs tomatoes diced
- ½ tbsp sugar optional
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash and clean squid well, making sure the black tint does not burst as it will give bitter taste.
- In a deep pan, bring the water to a boil along with the squid, vinegar, pepper and salt until squid is cooked.
- Take out the squid, set aside. Strain the sauce, set aside.
- In another pan, saute' garlic, onion and tomatoes. Add the squid and pour the rest of the sauce.
- Add sugar if desired and allow it to thicken or be a little dry in consistency.
- Serve hot.