Beef Kaldereta is a classic Filipino stew, best served in Family occasions, holidays and even in parties. In this recipe, I use beef brisket part because it has unique characteristic compared to other parts of the beef. It adds more juice and flavor on the sauce. Hope you’ll enjoy my recipe!
Beef Kaldereta Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- ½ kg beef cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium pouch tomato sauce
- 3 pcs medium potatoes cut into large cubes
- 2 pcs medium carrots sliced diagonally
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 small can liver spread reno
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp hot sauce Mother's best
- First you need to cook Beef in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes together with pepper corn, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 2 dried bay leaves.
- If pressure cooker is not available, boil meat in medium heat covered with lid for 1 hour and a 10 minutes.
- Pan fry the potatoes and carrots for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion. After 1 minute add the bell pepper. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the Beef. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce and beef broth. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the liver spread. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot