Beef Mami is a good soup especially in winter. This recipe should definitely be on your to-try list. Beef Mami is a noodle soup of Filipino-Chinese origin.
The soup is made of a rich beef meat and beef bones or chicken broth, with delicious egg
noodles. There are so many versions of it especially it is often served in restaurants. It also belongs to the “comfort food” of the Filipino. Hope
you’ll enjoy this recipe.
Beef Mami Recipe
- 1 lbs beef brisket
- 4 pcs star anise
- 5 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage Petchay Baguio chopped
- 4 pcs hard boiled eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 kg egg noodles
- Crispy Chicharon or Butcheron
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute onion and garlic.
- Place on the beef brisket and cook until the color of the outer part turns brown.
- Add the beef broth and star anise. Add salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder.
- Place cooked egg noodles and Chinese cabbage in a serving bowl.
- Pour the beef broth and brisket into the bowl, then garnish with sliced boiled egg and green onions.
- Place the crushed crispy chicharon or butcheron.
- Serve while hot.