Beef Mechado Recipe
- 1 kg beef sirloin cut into chunk cubes
- ½ cup pork fat julienne
- 6 pcs medium potatoes quartered
- 4 onions quartered
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pcs red bell pepper quartered
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make an incision on each beef chunks and insert pork fat.
- In a casserole, place beef, bay leaves, vinegar,tomato puree, salt & pepper and beef stock.
- In medium heat, allow simmering until beef is tender.
- Add in potatoes, onions, and bell pepper.
- When potatoes are fork-soft and sauce has thicken,stir in olive oil.