Beef Morcon Recipe
Try our new Beef Morcon Recipe and let us know what you think. ENJOY!
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 kg beef kalitiran sliced into ¾ inch thick whole sheets
- 1 can sausage cut into strips
- 3 hard-boiled eggs sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1 carrot sliced into ¼ inch thick long strips
- 2 strips pork fat ¼ inch thick each
- 2 strips of cheese ¼ inch thick each
- All-purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- 4 cups broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley and bell pepper optional
- Mix together marinade ingredients (calamansi juice, soy sauce and pepper).
- Place the beef kalitiran on a flat dish and pour in marinade.Set aside for one hour.
- Remove the marinated beef and lay on a flat, clean boarder tray.
- On one end of each beef arrange the following: strips of sausages, egg, carrot, pork fat and cheese, distributing fillings evenly.
- Starting from the end where the fillings are, roll the beef sheets carefully, making sure that all the fillings are intact.
- Roll the sheets of beef completely until it reaches the other end. Truss the rolls using any kitchen twine by using a metal truss and some string to use for twining.
- Spread flour on a large sheet pan or on a work table that has been cleaned and dried. Roll the morcon over the flour.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Saute the morcon in oil until it becomes brown on all sides. Transfer the morcon to a big casserole.
- Add broth (or stock) and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and allow to simmer over low heat until the beef becomes tender (about 2 hours).
- When the morcon has cooled down a little, slice it into half an inch slices and serve on a platter with the sauce it was cooked in.
- You can add a garnish of peppers and parsley. Serve hot.