Bistek Tagalog Recipe (Pinoy Beefsteak)
- ½ kg beef sirloin cut into 3 inches strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 big red onion sliced thinly to make rings
- In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce, calamansi, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Separate meat from the marinate and set both aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and stir-fry beef until cooked and tender. Remove from pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onion rings for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve beef in a platter topped with onion rings.