An exotic dish made mainly from heart and lungs. Also known as Kaningga in the bicol region. This dish was popularized by Spaniards and originally the dish is irresistibly hot and spicy. Mostly served during drinking sessions and one of the most popular “pulutan” during the Spaniards time.
- 1 kg pig's heart clean, boiled and minced
- 1 kg pig's lungs clean, boiled and minced
- 1 head of garlic minced
- 1 pc onion minced
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 pc laurel leaf
- 3 pcs red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup stock
- 2 tbsp atsuete oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion. Add in minced heart and lungs.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Add in oregano, laurel leaf, red bell pepper and vinegar. Bring up heat and allow boiling without stirring.
- Stir in stock and hot chili pepper.
- Lower heat and allow simmering until stock evaporates a little. Finish with atsuete oil.
- Serve hot.