Try our Burong Isda Recipe (Fermented Fish) and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Burong Isda Recipe
- ½ kg milk fish or fresh water carp well cleaned and scaled
- 2 cups cold rice not burnt
- 100 g garlic crushed
- 100 g ginger minced
- 100 g red onion chopped
- 6 pcs lime wedges
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup patis fish sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand, mashing everything well. Pour into a big mouthed bottle.
- Stick fishes into the bottle.
- Seal the bottle well and keep for 1 to 2 weeks After 2 weeks the fish should be ready.