Camaron Rebosado Recipe
- 1 kg shrimp
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup water
- Wash and unshell shrimps. Remove head but leave tail intact. Cut a slit on the back. Marinate in salt, vetsin, and a few drops of calamansi juice. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Dip shrimps in this dough and drop one by one in boiling oil. If you want 'double- size' shrimps, after cooking halfway, dip again in dough and fry.
- Hold shrimps by the tail while dipping (first step) to be able to to take it out in oil and coat again with dough.
- Serve with sweet sour sauce or soy sauce with calamansi juice.