Chorizo De Bilbao Recipe
Try our new Chorizo De Bilbao Recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Servings 30 pieces
- ½ kg ground beef meat
- ½ kg ground pork meat
- ¼ kg pork fat cubed
- ¼ tsp sazlitre
- 2 tbsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tsp ground pepper
- 1 head garlic minced
- ¼ cup pimento
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- Brown garlic in oil. Add garlic and oil to ground beef, pork meat, and pork fat. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Fill in casing.
- The chorizo should be at least 4" long. Keep in refrigerator for 3 days.
- On the 4th day, place in pan, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes. Prick with fork to eliminate air bubbles in skin. Drain. Set aside broth.
- Dry in the sun for a day or dry in the oven with a low heat (200 ° F) for 2 hours.
- Place again in pan. Pour back broth (where chorizos were boiled). Add ¾ cup cooking oil or shortening. Simmer until sauces dries and only the oil is left.
- Turn several times while cooking. Cool and arrange in a container with cover. Pour in oil. Keep in the refrigerator.