Filipino Chicken Adobo is mainly popular dish in the Philippines. This recipe is one of the easiest, well known and the most delicious Pinoy dish. This recipe involves pork, chicken or even vegetable like sitaw (long green beans).
Classic and Juicy Chicken Adobo Recipe
This recipe involves pork, chicken or even vegetable like sitaw (long green beans).
- 1 kg Chicken quarter legs, chopped
- 4 pcs potatoes chopped
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 30 g oyster sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground or whole black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, marinade chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper for 2 hours or 1 hour in fridge.
- Heat in medium to high the marinated ingredients in a pot until it boils.
- Cover it with lid, lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, sugar and water. Bring to boil and add the potatoes.
- Cook for 10 more minutes then add some salt to taste and bay leaves.
- Cover and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve while its hot. Best serve with white rice. Enjoy!
Before cooking, wash chicken with a running hot water to remove some excess oil in sauce.