Filipino Style Corned Beef Recipe
Try our Filipino Style Corned Beef Recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 kg beef
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 5 tablets ascorbic acid 500 mgs
- 1 tsp saltier
- 1 tsp Sodium Nitrite
- Cut meat into 1 ½" cubes. Mix last 6 ingredients. Soak cubed meat in the solution for 7 hours or overnight.
- Caution: soaking should not exceed 12 hours and sodium nitrite should be used as directed. Too much of this solution is dangerous to the health.
- Rinse 3 times in clear water.
- Boil in plain water until done. Drain. Throw away broth. While in strainer, shred meat using 2 forks.
- You may then saute your corned beef with minced garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Add diced potatoes if desired.