Chicken Galantina is basically a large deboned chicken stuffed with sausage, ground pork, hard boiled eggs, olives and carrots. This dish is better to over cook by standard for best textures and contrast with the stuffing.
Try our Homemade Chicken Galantina Recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Homemade Chicken Galantina Recipe
- 1 big whole chicken 1 ½ kg
- 2 g ham chopped finely or 4 oz sausage
- ½ kg ground pork doubled grind
- 2 eggs hard cooked
- 6 to 8 pcs olives chopped finely (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vetsin MSG
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 carrots cook whole
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 1 ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- Clean and debone whole chicken. Rub with salt and pepper (in and out). Set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients except boiled eggs, whole pickles, and cooked carrots.
- Stuff ½ of mixture in chicken. Arrange the boiled age, carrots, and whole pickles (all cut into half, lengthwise) on top of mixture. Then, spread remaining mixture.
- Do not over stuff chicken or the skin would burst while cooking. Sew opening.
- Place stuff chicken in baking pan. Cover with cheese cloth or foil. Use a pan just big enough to pack in chicken so stuffings will be firm when cooked and chicken can easily be sliced evenly. Preheat oven (180 ° C) for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done. To test, prick chicken with toothpick and when toothpick comes out dry, it is then cooked. Cool before slicing.
- Make a delicious sauce out of the pan-drippings. Add 2 tablespoon grated cheese, thicken with 1 tablespoon dissolved cornstarch.
- Cook over low fire, stirring continuously until thick and smooth.
- Instead of baking in oven, steam-bake Galantina in steamer.
- Galantina is served cold after being refrigerated for 24 hours, so shooting for a better texture on the chicken is probably not needed.