Try our Chicken Pastel Recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Chicken Pastel Recipe
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pc carrot small cubes
- 2 pcs potatoes medium size cubes
- 1 small can sausage cubes
- 8 to 10 pcs olives optional
- ½ kg chicken giblets and liver
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp vetsin MSG
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups all-purpose-flour sift 3 times
- 1 cup shortening or margarine
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- Brown garlic in butter. Add onion, chicken (cut into small serving pieces), giblets, liver, and chorizo. Stir for 2 minutes, add ½ of broth.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in remaining chicken broth. Lastly, add milk and thicken sauce with dissolved flour.
- When chicken is almost done, transfer to baking dish. garnish top with hard- boiled egg (cut into half). Cover with pie crust. Bake at 350 ° F for 20 minutes or until crust turns golden brown.
- Add salt and sugar to flour. Cut in shortening using two knives. Gradually add water.
- Mix with hand but do not knead. When well blended, roll out on floured board.
- Fit on top of prepared pastel. Brush with beaten egg yolk or milk.