Having trouble feeding kids vegetables? Worry not! This spinach dumpling is a great dish in introducing new vegetables to kids. Packed with vitamins will surely be a big hit.
This recipe is a must try. The balance of the cheese and acidity of the spinach will make you want for more.
Homemade Spinach Dumplings Recipe
- 1 kg spinach boiled and chopped
- 75 g butter
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 1 pc egg
- 90 g flour
- 30 g Parmesan cheese grated
- Saute the spinach in 40 grams of butter for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the ricotta, egg and 3 tablespoons of the flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into small, tablespoon shaped dumplings. Roll the dumplings in the remaining flour and slip them into a large pan of simmering salted water, batches.
- When they float to the surface, after 5 minutes, lift them out with draining spoon, and keep them hot.
- To serve, melt the remaining butter, and pour it over the dumplings and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
For the Dipping
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce , 1 tablespoon cane vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar. Mix and heat for 5 minutes.