I just made this for dinner last night! It was so delicious. The spice level was perfect and made it extra warming for a cold fall night. Quick, easy, satisfying and delicious, What more could you ask for. Don’t skip any soup ingredients- everything comes together nicely. The miso paste and daikon gives the broth it’s hardiness.
Kimchi Gyoza Nabe Recipe
- ½ long green onion cut diagonally
- ½ onion cut to half
- 5 leaves of cabbage cut to small pieces
- 8 pcs gyoza
- 1 small can mushroom minced
- 1 pc carrot thin slabs
- 2 inches radish quartered
- 5 oz tofu 1 inch cube
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 2 tsp Korean chili paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp Korean pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- In a pot, heat sesame oil and add the onions.
- Add the Kimchi and stir fry. Add sake and chili paste, mix well.
- Now add the pepper flakes and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, lower the heat and add the soy sauce with miso. Let it dissolve and add salt to taste.
- Add carrots and radish. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tofu and mushroom. Skim off the fat.
- Defrost the gyoza and add on top. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve while its hot.