Lengua Estofado Recipe
Try our Lengua Estofado Recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 pork tongue about 1 ½ to 2 kilos
- 2 large onions quartered
- 6 green olives optional
- ¼ kg pork fat
- 3 tbsp pimento
- 1 small can tomato paste 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp vetsin MSG
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cup rum
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bell pepper, red and green strips
- 1 small can pineapple juice
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 chorizo de bilbao finely chopped
- To clean tongue, dip in 3 cups boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then scrape white, thick skin. Then wash in clear water.
- Place in deep pan, pour water enough to cover tongue. Boil. Lower heat and simmer until half done.
- Saute onion and pork fat (in big slices) in butter. When onion is wilted, add all ingredients except bread crumbs. Stir for 3 minutes, then add to tongue.
- Continue cooking until tongue becomes tender. You may add more water if sauce dries and meat is not yet done.
- Cool. Cut tongue into thin slices. Arrange in serving plate. Thicken sauce with bread crumbs. Pour over sliced tongue.