Nilagang Baka Recipe
Try our new Nilagang Baka Recipe (Filipino Beef Soup) and let us know what you think. ENJOY!
- 1 kg beef (for stewing) cut into chunk cubes
- 4 small onions diced
- ½ head garlic minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 7 medium potatoes cut to the same size as the beef
- 10 pcs Chinese cabbage cut into four
- 12 pcs petchay cut into 3
- 2 tbsp patis fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a soup pot, brown garlic and onion.
- Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two.
- Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
- Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and patis.
- Lower heat and add in vegetables and cook uncovered.
- Serve hot with soy sauce and calamansi to taste.