Setting up a business but have no idea what to make? If you’ve got milk, butter, sugar, eggs… You can try this recipe. This egg pie is a traditional dessert in the Philippines. It tastes sweet and has a custard feeling. You can never be wrong in making one… or even more.
Pinoy Egg Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 115 g unsalted butter cubed
- 1 pc egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup water ice cold
Egg Pie Filling
- 415 ml evaporated milk fresh milk
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 pc thip egg white
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add unsalted butter and gently combine the butter with the flour mixture.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla and ice cold water. Combine together and knead by hand.
- Wrap with plastic wrapper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While waiting for the dough, you can start making the fillings. Egg Pie Filling instruction below.
- Remove dough from fridge. Start by flattening the dough with rolling pin.
- Put the flattened dough in a round baking pan. Trim out the excess dough.
- Pour the egg pie filling mixture to the baking pan.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 ° C. Bake for the first 15 minutes. Lower to 160 ° C and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down for an hour and the Egg Pie is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Egg Pie Filling
- In a pan, stir and boil evaporated milk. Remove from heat and set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon extract and the heated milk. Stir continuously.
- In another bowl, put the whip egg white and mix continuously until the texture become paste.
- Add it to the filling mixture. Mix thoroughly.