PORK AFRITADA derived from the Spanish word FRITADA which means fried, is a sure winner for lunch or dinner. The dish has many versions but the most of the favorite ones is Pork due to its fatty juiciness. Here is our Pork Afritada Version.
Pork Afritada Recipe
- 1 kg pork cut into chunk cubes
- ½ kg potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 small head of garlic minced
- 1 big onion diced
- 1 pc red bell pepper quartered
- 1 pc green bell pepper quartered
- 2 cups stock beef or pork
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a casserole, brown pork and set aside. Sauté garlic and onion.
- Pour in the stock and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil and add in pork.
- Allow simmering until pork is cooked and tender. Add in potatoes and allow cooking.
- Add in bell pepper and season with salt & pepper. Add in breadcrumbs and thicken sauce.
- Serve hot.