This Pork Hamonado dish is usually prepared during holidays. With this recipe, you won’t have to bother buying in groceries anymore.
Pork Hamonado Recipe
Try this Pork Hamonado and let me know what you think.
- 1 ½ tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 kg boneless pork belly cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pouch Del Monte tidbits or chunks separate juice and pineapple
- salt and pepper to taste
- In pan, heat oil until and add pork belly in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook the other side for another 2 minutes or until all is lightly browned. Remove meat, set aside and drain excess oil.
- In the pan, saute onion, garlic and cook, stirring regularly until softened. Add the pork to the and stir to combine.
- Pour the vinegar and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil uncovered without stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, water and bay leaves. Stir to distribute and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes or until very tender and liquid is reduced. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Add the pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through.