This Pork Hamonado dish is usually prepared during holidays. With this recipe, you won’t have to bother buying in groceries anymore.
Pork Hamonado Recipe
- 1 ½ tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 kg boneless pork belly cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pouch Del Monte tidbits or chunks separate juice and pineapple
- salt and pepper to taste
- In pan, heat oil until and add pork belly in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook the other side for another 2 minutes or until all is lightly browned. Remove meat, set aside and drain excess oil.
- In the pan, saute onion, garlic and cook, stirring regularly until softened. Add the pork to the and stir to combine.
- Pour the vinegar and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil uncovered without stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, water and bay leaves. Stir to distribute and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes or until very tender and liquid is reduced. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Add the pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through.