It came from the Spaniards and passed down to Filipinos, Relleno which means Stuffed is an all-time favorite Noche Buena Dish. Relleno has different varieties either the one that is stuffed in the meat or the meat itself: e.g: rellenong bangus.
Rellenong Manok Recipe
- 1 Chicken large
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ kg ground pork
- ½ kg ham finely chopped
- ½ cup cheese and cheddar grated
- ½ cup raisins
- 6 pcs green olives chopped
- 2 pcs eggs hard boiled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato catsup
- butter for basting
- Debone chicken for stuffing or you can ask to the vendor to the market to debone the chicken.
- Marinate deboned chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice for at least 2 hrs.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly except hard-boiled egg. Stuff chicken with mixture, arrange quartered egg in the center of the chicken. Sew the opening and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in moderate oven (180° C) for 1 ½ hrs. Unwrap and continue baking until the chicken is golden brown. Baste with butter occasionally.
- When ready to serve, slice and arrange in a platter. Best Served with Gravy.