Try our Sinigang na Hipon Recipe (Sour Shrimp Soup) and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Sinigang na Hipon Recipe
- 1 kg shrimp
- 12 pcs tamarind sampaloc
- 1 big onion diced
- 3 pcs big tomatoes quartered
- 2 pcs radish sliced
- 1 bundle sitaw string beans
- 1 bundle kangkong cut into 2" long
- 3 pcs long green pepper
- 5 cups rice wash water
- Salt or Patis to taste
- Boil Tamarind in rice wash or water to soften. Pound and extract all juices and set aside.
- In a casserole, boil rice wash or water, Tamarind juice, onions, tomatoes and Radish.
- Lower fire, add in Shrimps, Kangkong, Sitaw and green long pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and patis. Serve hot.