Suwam na Tahong Recipe Stewed Mussel
Try our new Suwam na Tahong Recipe (Stewed Mussel) and let us know what you think. ENJOY!
- 1 kg large tahong mussel
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cups papaya diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger strips
- 2 tbsp fish sauce patis
- 1 tsp vetsin MSG
- 4 cups rice water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- young pepper leaves daong sili
- Wash mussel (tahong) and drain.
- Saute' garlic until brown. Set aside. Brown ginger strips and add onion.
- Pour in fish sauce or patis. Stir for 3 minutes and add rice water and papaya. Cover and let boil.
- When papaya is half cooked, season with vetsin and add tahong.
- Boil until shells open up. Lastly, add pepper leaves. Serve hot.